- Small Business Awards nominees must comply with the definition of the 'small enterprise ' as contained in the National Small Business Act, 102 of 1996. The 'small enterprise' definition is a business entity owned by one or more owners and which can be classified as a micro, very small, small or medium enterprise as more fully elucidated in size or class by subsector in the Schedule to the Act. The nominee small business may range from a start-up to mature business as long as the requirements have been met according to the Act mentioned above.
- All church/religious-based businesses, businesses selling drugs, alcohol and sex, or engaging in any illegal activity or such other business activities as the judges in their sole and absolute deem to be unsuitable will not be considered for this award.
- The determining factor is the 'customer experience' or 'quality of service' where the small business is seen to have gone the extra mile.
- Previous winners and finalists can be re-nominated.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date and time specified on the entry form. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- The judges' decision is final and no further correspondence or discussion will be entered into at the conclusion of this competition.
- All nominee small businesses may be subject to research regarding their SARS, BCEA (Basic Conditions of Employment Act) and other statutory or regulatory compliance, in addition to criminal checks, and shall supply all such required documents to the judges if so requested.
- The entrants of the competition authorise 567 CapeTalk / Softline Pastel to publish and/or distribute the details of the participant, and/or take pictures of the participant without any liability on the part of 567 CapeTalk / Softline Pastel or remuneration due to the participant.
- The winner and finalists of the competition will be required to attend the awards ceremony in Cape Town in relation to the Cape Talk competition and Johannesburg in relation to the 702 competition, at their own cost and shall be responsible for attending to all their own travel arrangements in this regard.
- Prizes may not be exchanged for cash, nor are they transferable.
- 567 CapeTalk / Softline Pastel shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered or sustained (including but not limited to consequential loss, loss of revenue, loss of profit or economic loss) as a result of accepting any prize or participation in any competition, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- By entering the competition, the entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted is true, accurate, current and complete.
- Entries close at midday on Wednesday 05 September.